[scribus] A new newspaper using Scribus from India

David Burleigh david.burleigh at saphar.net
Tue Nov 12 13:48:23 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-11-12 at 11:43 +0100, ale rimoldi wrote:
> hi david
>
> > On Tue, 2019-11-12 at 07:05 +0100, Craig Bradney wrote:
> > > https://poddery.com/posts/4691002
> > >

> > > Not really the first but perhaps the first in India.
> > >
> > > Craig
> >
> > Pretty impressive. I wonder if they figured out a way to do dot-
> > gain
> > compensation in Scribus/Gimp for printing on a web press. That is
> > the
> > main obstacle that keeps us from switching completely over to
> > Scribus
> > in our print shop.
>
> you asked a question about dot gain some times ago in this list and
> you
> got two suggestion how to tackle it.
>
> did you try them?
> what were the results?
>
> ciao
> a.l.e

You have a good memory! Yes, I did look into those suggestions back
then, but as I don't understand enough about frequency and angle in
regard to dot gain, I didn't get very far. I guess I was hoping for
something as simple as "Compensate for 20% dot gain." But I now that
you're reminded me of that post, I'm going to ask an old friend of mine
who is a pre-press expert from the film days.