[scribus] I have a problem exporting from Scribus

Bert Driehuis bertd.fpevohf.arg at taw.playbeing.com
Wed Mar 20 11:48:52 UTC 2019

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 2:17 PM Holger Wästlund <holger at wastlund.com> wrote:

> But when I check the pdf file where it landed in my computer all the
> letters "l" (that is, the first letter in the word lucky) and even big "I"
> (
> for example, in the Roman numerals I, II, etc.) are shown as fat "l". It
> looks very odd, and it occurs in several places in the text.

In addition to all the excellent advice already given: it is very likely to
be a problem with the font you're using (or that your PDF viewer is using).
One font that just won't render properly is Calibri. It has hinting that is
just plain wrong. Sometimes, a broken font can be made usable by selecting
"Outline this font" in the PDF export dialog.

And sometimes, you can improve the situation by experimenting with your
OS's font smotthing settings (called ClearType on windows and anti-aliasing
on Linux).

But, all in all, on-screen font rendering remains somewhat of a black art.

With kind regards,

Bert