[scribus] I have a problem exporting from Scribus

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Wed Mar 20 02:36:42 UTC 2019

Holger Wästlund wrote:
> Has anyone any tips to give me regarding this, for me, very strange
> problem?

I'll attempt to build on and not repeat Gregory Pittman's suggestions. I
wonder if the following could be the root of the issue:

- a font you're using is made that way -- have you used the relevant font
elsewhere and noticed the same issue?

- you're seeing the effect of a ligature (combination of two or more
letters) rendering in a special way that looks wrong? For instance, some
fonts have a grapheme for "ae" as "æ" (see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86 for more information) which might be
drawn differently from how "a" and "e" would look if they were joined together.

I concur with Gregory Pittman in that I too don't think the size of your
PDF is the issue.

Perhaps you could post a one-page PDF extract from your document which
demonstrates the problem? I'm guessing there is some place where we could
all look at it and see the issue without needing to run code to get the PDF
file, perhaps archive.org? Or perhaps this mailing list accepts small
attachments?