[scribus] Version confusion

Ruth Everson rudysfirst at aol.com
Mon Jan 28 19:48:47 UTC 2019

I'm using the Mac High Sierra operating system and for the last year or so was using Scribus 1.4.7.
Several times I attempted to download the 1.5.4 version. I would then get a message "do you want to replace the 1.4.7 version with an older one" (or something similar) so I would abort the installation.
This past weekend I again downloaded the 1.5.4 version and this time when asked the same question I opted to keep both versions.
The 1.4.7 version is dated April 27, 2018, 5:46 PM, 176.2 MBThe 1.5.4 version is dated April 27, 2018, 5:04 PM, 222.6 MB

Which one should I be using? Which is the 64-bit version?
Thanks!
Ruth Everson