[scribus] Security on exported PDF

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Mon Jan 28 08:15:18 UTC 2019

> I have a book that I'm about to lay out, preferably with Scribus, and
> it will be published in PDF format. (The first time I've ever done
> that.) Sales will be over the internet, so I'm trying to figure out how
> I can stop piracy.

I don't know about your specific question, but people will always be able
to copy thet actual PDF (that is copy the PDF file). So locking the PDF
won't prevent piracy.

Also I think disabling the ability to copy text from the PDF will also kill
any possibilities for example for blind people to use text to speech
software (might not be an issue for you, depending on the contents of the
book).

/Peter