[scribus] Image issues

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Thu Jan 3 20:03:02 UTC 2019

Le 03/01/2019 à 18:28, ale rimoldi a écrit :
>>> doing a "collect for output" each time i close my document >> [...] is very important for long-lasting safety of documents.

>> I requested this to be optionaly checked :
>> https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=12480

> rather then fill the preflight verifier
> with information that does not directly concern the print workflow.

A document's life doesnt stop when the first PDF is issued.
Many documents have several re-editions.

Checking that a document is saved with its images safely stored
insures that a new PDF can later be exported again, several years laters,
when absolute adresses or network disks have long ago been moved,
renamed or simply have disappeared.

And everything the preflight verifier possibly checks
can be activated or de-activated through the document settings,
so nobody can force you to fill your screen with its information
in case you feel ... its not so "very important".

JLuc