[scribus] Fwd: red boxes on links

Bert Driehuis bertd.fpevohf.arg at taw.playbeing.com
Thu Feb 28 14:48:58 UTC 2019

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 3:23 PM Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> You might as well save this AdbeRdr9.5.5-1_i486linux_enu.rpm file, since it's unchanged for years now.

That means it will also carry all the bugs of that era. I would
recommend not installing Adobe Reader as your primary PDF viewer
unless you have a mechanism to automatically apply security updates.

If you also have e-mail on your workstation, I would additionally
recommend using something like AppArmor to confine it. I'm using
evince as my primary PDF viewer on Ubuntu, which has a very workable
default AppArmor profile for it (never been in the way in all those
years).

PDF (and especially Adobe Reader) has become a prime target for spear phishing.

With kind regards,

Bert Driehuis