[scribus] PDFfile causes looping to fail?

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Feb 27 22:53:27 UTC 2019

Jerry,

I am always having the latest 1.4.n and latest "stable" 1.5.n and one
recent 1.5.svn on my computer. Three Scribus flavours in parallel.

For new projects I use 1.5.3 at the moment, old projects I open
depending on how they got created.

Small less than a day projects I try with the lastest Scribus available.

I put your lines below into a file, called it test3.py and ran it on my
Win 10 Pro 64bit through Scribus 1.4.7 and had no visible activity and
no error message at all. Like a.l.e

So: People are using 1.4.7 where it is right for them.

Again: If you want better bug-hunting, please provide a Scribus file and
a real-life script and what you hope to see and then we can try on our
machines.

Courage, Scribus is fundamentally stable in all versions. I have not
lost any work in several years through Scribus evilness. Please do not
forget to inform this forum, if/when/in-case you figure out the problem.

There are many good people here, the more you provide, the better we can
help you.

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin