[scribus] PDFfile causes looping to fail?

Jerry Stratton scribusjerry at hoboes.com
Wed Feb 27 22:36:12 UTC 2019

On Feb 27, 2019, at 2:52 AM, ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:
> hi jerry
>
> on my compupter
>
> import scribus
> countDown = ['three', 'two', 'one']
> scribus.PDFfile()
> for counter in countDown:
> 	pass
>
> does nothing (but i might be not finding a new pdf file)
> but does not  give me any error either.
>
> both with 1.4 and 1.5…

Thanks. Doing nothing is what it should do; for me, in 1.4.7, “for counter in countDown” generates an error after the last iteration whenever I’ve invoked scribus.PDFfile(), as if it thinks there’s something else in the list countDown and is trying to get it.

So it appears to come down to some sort of difference on my computer, or perhaps in my document. After further testing on my end, I get correct behavior on some documents but not others.

> ciao
> a.l.e
>
> p.s.: if you're writing scripts for your own usage, you should probably
> go for 1.5.

I took a quick look at it last night, and I’ll probably switch to it. But it looks like I’ll need to carve out some time to learn it, as it does some things that are not obviously useful; such as that it seemed to convert an existing document’s master page into a master page for each layer, assuming I’m reading “mp” correctly.

Jerry