[scribus] Two Questions

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Dec 8 14:23:42 UTC 2019

On 12/8/19 4:01 AM, Ian Whitfield wrote:
> Thanks Greg!!!
>
> Found the 'Image Tools' in 1.4.8 - Works 100%!!
>
> But can not get the Text Annotation Icon to do anything!! I've tried every combination of steps I can think of but nothing happens??? Maybe it's because I'm on a different Linux "flavour" to you or it was not implemented in the Scribus version 1.4.8 on PClinuxOS? (Or I'm stupid!!)
>
> It's exactly what I'm looking for for a project I have to do next year. I will post to the PClinuxOS Repo and ask them to update us to the latest version of Scribus and try again.

Hi Ian,

I just tried it and it works on 1.4.9svn. You click the icon so that it highlights, then go to the document and draw a frame...

Here's plan B, which will surely work!
Create a text frame. Now right-click on the frame to bring up the Context menu, and under PDF Options, select 'Is PDF Annotation', and at this point you have a Text Annotation frame!
Also note that any Text Annotation frame can be converted to a regular Text frame by the reverse of this method.

Greg