[scribus] Importing XML into Scribus

srikrishnan srikrishnan2003 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Dec 6 10:14:37 UTC 2019

on: May 09, 2016, 04:04:18 pm  I have seen one post asking about:

I have tried to create a Python script "FormatXML", taken from the page
https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Formatxml

I copied the complete code in the box headed Source, without any change, into a .txt file using notepad and changed the extension to py. I then tried to execute the script in Scribus but got the following error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 8, in <module>
  File "C:\XML script\FormatXML.py", line 179, in <module>
    main_wrapper()
  File "C:\XML script\FormatXML.py", line 165, in main_wrapper
    main()
  File "C:\XML script\FormatXML.py", line 148, in main
    xml_file = getFile("XML File", 'XML (*.xml)')
TypeError: getFile() takes exactly 4 arguments (2 given)

Unfortunately, this means nothing to me. I can only find two references to FormatXML, without the extension .py and cannot find any reference to py

I hope that someone is kind enough to put me out of my misery!

Many thanks

Rob Dixon
Same problem I am facing now on the same script which I downloaded from the same place. Is there any update available for that, because someone from Scribus provided him one updated script
regards,Srikrishnan