[scribus] Two Questions

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Dec 6 15:03:38 UTC 2019

On 12/6/19 5:48 AM, Ian Whitfield wrote:
> Thanks Greg
>
> I appreciate the come-back!!
>
> But I'm unable to find the 'Image Tools' you mention. I'm using Scribus 1.4.8, which is the latest in my Repo (PClinuxOS). Is this why I can't find it??
>
> I DO like what you tell me about 'Text Annotation' - It sounds like just what I'm looking for. Can you please explain how this is done or point me to a Tutorial?

In 1.4.6, it's Preferences > Tools > image icon on the left of the tab.

As far as Text Annotations, I couldn't find anything in the manual or on the Wiki. But at the same time, it's pretty simple. In my 1.4.6 on Fedora, Text Annotation is an icon all the way to the right of the toolbar. It looks something like a piece of manila paper. Click on it to be able to create you text annotation. Essentially, it's a special text frame which only shows up in the PDF when you click on the space where it is on the page. One of the things you may have to work around is that, in the final PDF, a small icon appears (at least in Adobe Reader) where the annotation is.

Also note that if you right-click on your Text Annotation frame, then select PDF Options > Annotation Properties, you can convert the frame to a Link (to some other page in the document), an External Link (to some other PDF) or External Web-Link (to a web page in a browser).

Greg