[scribus] How to select line (or other object) under guide line?

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Dec 6 07:43:52 UTC 2019

hi

i just tried in my 1.5 and as soon as the line is thicker than the
guides it works (with a few tries).

if it's not you can try by zooming in.

if it still does not work, you can try to select the line by click and
dragging the cursor from the empty area (you have to create a selection
that only contains the line, the complete line)

you can also use the "window > outlinie" to pick the line from a list.

if this happens often to you, you can set the guides to be behind the
page items (in 1.5 it's in the document settings and in the
preferences)

or you can simply temporary hide the guides, move the line and
re-enable them.

my brainstorming ends here... but there might be more ways to do
that...
which one fits your needs might depend on the specific case and the way
you're using scribus...

if you see an even better way of doing that, you're welcome to fill a
ticket... but it must really be a much better solution!

ciao
a.l.e