[scribus] Uninstall

Bert Driehuis bertd.fpevohf.arg at taw.playbeing.com
Sat Aug 17 22:56:59 UTC 2019

Dear Håkan,

If you cannot uninstall an application using the Windows control panel,
that means that Windows lost track of it. Your Windows is a that stage
technically corrupt. The established wisdom in such a case is to reinstall
Windows and all apps.

That said, I usually find that it gets no worse if you just remove the
directory that holds the old software. You can try to see what the effects
would be by just renaming the offending directories, reboot and see what
happens.

There are tools that assist in cleaning up corrupt setups, but they are
obviously not supported by Microsoft and can make things worse.
Reinstalling Windows is the only safe option.

With kind regards,

Bert