[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 133, Issue 9

Thorsten Marquardt thorsten.marquardt at ewetel.net
Tue Apr 23 13:44:57 UTC 2019

Hi,

I tried to use the maestro percussion font and it works the way it
should. At least with scribus 1.5.4 on my linux box. I think the trouble
is not the font itself but the way Kevin tries to enter the glyphs.
The way I did:

- Create a new textframe
- Select Maestro Percussion from the text properties window
- Choose menu Insert -> Symbol...
- Klick the left most icon and choose the glyphs you like to insert by
double klick

The Maestro Percussion font has a very limited set of glyphs and none of
them is associated to any key on the keyboard.

Btw.: I use a scribus version localized to german. Therefore, the
correct menu items may be named differently.

So long

Thom

Am 22.04.19 um 17:00 schrieb ale rimoldi:
> hi
>
>> On 4/22/19 8:35 AM, Kevin Ryan wrote:
>>> Gregory, thank you for tips- sadly it didn’t work... the font
>>> special characters are still showing up as squares... it’s from a
>>> font called maestro percussion that came with my Finale demo...
>> That means you can't use that font, at least for those characters.
> i don't know, that tip looks a bit strange to me.
>
> as far as i know, the story editor can show characters that scribus
> cannot show.
>
> i have found a "maestro percussion" online and it seems to be a ttf
> font, so it should work in sccribus...
> but you might want to tell us where you got the font and which is the
> character that your trying to output...
>
> ciao
> a.l.e
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

Ein Dateianhang mit Bin�rdaten wurde abgetrennt...
Dateiname   : signature.asc
Dateityp    : application/pgp-signature
Dateigr��e  : 833 bytes
Beschreibung: OpenPGP digital signature