[scribus] Bounding box dialog not found

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Thu Sep 6 06:40:10 UTC 2018

Am 05.09.2018 um 19:22 schrieb Gregory Pittman:

> On 09/05/2018 10:47 AM, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am currently on a computer with Scribus 1.4.6 and set a picture to
>> Bounding Box. But where is the dialog to define the distances?
>>
>> Somehow I remember it was directly below the switches (with F2, Shapes
>> "Form" in the German version). Am I wrong?
>>

> Hi Rolf,
>
> If I understand you correctly, what you want to do is set Text Flows
> Around Frame to an area larger than the image frame. If that is the
> case, you should set Text Flows to Use Contour Line. Next, click the
> Edit button at the top of the Shape tab, and in the Edit Shapes dialog,
> check the box to edit the contour line rather than the frame.
>
> You can't edit the Bounding Box, at least directly. The Bounding Box
> encompasses the frame and all of its control points. For a rectangle,
> all the control points will be on the frame.
>
> Greg

Thank you Greg, I must have remembered completely wrong. I could have
sworn there was something to adjust.

Yesterday I ended up in a method I used before: Just set an empty text
box over the picture which forces the text a bit farther away from the
picture. This is my usual workaround, but a bit cumbersome when you want
to change the geometry of the picture.

By the way, wouldn't such a function be practical? Why wasn't it
implemented? Just an idea...

Rolf