[scribus] OTF randomized feature - how to activate

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Mon Oct 29 22:32:29 UTC 2018

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 23:02:52 +0100
ZASKE Martin <zm at revue-gugu.org> dijo:

>For the last two years or so we have needed handwriting more and more
>(for speech balloons in comics and other personal-style matter). In
>myfonts.com I see more fonts now with this randomizer-feature.

In the US I find that the robo-mailers are now using random fonts to
make the envelope look like it was hand-written. It used to be that
they used a regular handwriting font so I could just compare a given
letter with another instance of the same letter to see immediately that
it was written by a machine, but it's getting harder now.

Not that this observation has much to do with Scribus. :)