[scribus] Would like to compile 1.5.4 please

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Sat Nov 24 18:48:36 UTC 2018

Dear list,

how can I please check out the "stable development version" Scribus
1.5.4 from the svn server?

I looked into  svn://scribus.net/branches/  and it is not listed.

So I probably need to know a specific revision-number to pull it from
svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus ?

When I did a "normal" default check-out from trunk and compiled I ended
up with a very recent 1.5.5 from 7 November. We need ours for real
production, sorry.

I am only rarely doing this, so I would not be insulted to receive the
full command like this example:

svn co -r 20099 svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus scribus150

thank you,

Martin

===================

Background: For our office we are setting up a new (used) computer. It
run under OpenSuse Leap 15.0 and I could not find any location for
packages for the "good version" 1.5.4.

We found an AppImage 1.5.4 dated 28 April 2018, which in its own "help
about" declared itself an svn version 22485. But the team does not know
about AppImages. And neither do I. It runs, but I suppose all paths and
scripts and whatnot will be different when running an image - maybe
similar to using portable apps under Windows?

I had such amazing success today with the checking out from svn and the
make and make install, because our internet is faster than it used to
be. So I hope to get help to find the correct URL or revision and then
make our own Scribus 1.5.4(final) for Leap 15 for a real classic
installation "out-of-source" but fully part of the system. That would be
awesome.

I want to give a quick feedback on this website:

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake

I followed the entire patch-work of instructions. I installed any
package that was mentioned as needed or useful.

The first run of cmake just asked for two more packages and the
error-message was so precise that it was no problem to get those.

The second run of cmake went all the way through. And same for make and
make install. That was my best home-baked Scribus ever. Compliments to
the entire team!!!

When I am next on that new office-computer, and I have my
wiki-login-credentials along, I will try to edit the entry under OpenSuse.

Also on that page there is a line that did puzzle me:
For Scribus 1.5.5+ :
C++11

I could not find any packet 11, only 7 for Leap 15. Went to
https://gcc.gnu.org/ and found mention of a version 8 but also nothing
about 11.

And my check-out did compile today with c++7 and did create something
which calls itself 1.5.5.svn dated 7 November 2018. So the line about
"C++11" under "for Scribus 1.5.5+" is a mystery.

--
ZASKE Martin
responsable GʊGʊ