[scribus] Interface issues and frame script

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Nov 10 16:18:24 UTC 2018

On 11/10/18 10:25 AM, Colin Madwolf wrote:

> Well too some fiddling, Text edit saved the file as .py.rtf and it failed (even after changing the name and extension) I then looked at it in another editor and there was a load of characters like “/ etc in place of the spaces.  So I opened the .py file and copied teh code again and pasted it in and voila it worked.

You should always pay attention to what your editor is doing -- apparently it wasn't a plain text editor. .rtf is not a plain text format.

> Though I have to say it still needs some work - as when you run it again it forgets the path of the files on my computer

This is a "feature" of Scribus. Happens to me too. The only solution I know is to hard-code a directory into the search. Even setting paths in Preferences doesn't help.

Greg