[scribus] Interface issues

Colin Madwolf colin at madwolf.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 17:07:09 UTC 2018

> On 8 Nov 2018, at 12:00, scribus-request at lists.scribus.net wrote:
>
>> 1. When editing text in a text frame and then clicking on an image
>> frame I would expect the frame edges to be highlighted so that I can
>> then move the frame or adjust its?s shape etc., - instead the box is
>> tinted blue with the move image within frame selected.  This
>> necessitates moving the mouse outside the box and yet two more clicks
>> to get the frame highlighted - annoying!
>
> i think that i mostly agree with you there...
>
> personally, i don't expect scribus to stay in edit mode when i click on
> a different frame.

Makes sense to me too.

I now have another problem - exporting a PDF threw up lots of errors two of which are a bit alarming

'Object not on page' - I have searched as best I can, I cannot find them.  Is there anyway to search for an object by its unique identifier and then delete it ??

I have clicked on the name and the document scrolls to a page, but I cannot see anything that is off page or even close to the edge

Any ideas?

Colin