[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 128, Issue 1

Colin Madwolf colin at madwolf.co.uk
Sun Nov 4 08:04:42 UTC 2018

> On 2 Nov 2018, at 12:00, scribus-request at lists.scribus.net wrote:
>

>> I then thought, well, the drop shadows will be quite intensive on the display, so decided to remove them.  I clicked on one image and removed the drop shadow - onto the next and it will not let me do so.  The drop shadow tick box is greyed out.  Tried selecting other images and the same happens.  Close document, re-open had no effect either.  Copied an image and tried to remove drop shadow - same problem.
>>
>> I closed the panes for drop shadow and image and re-opened them - to no effect.
>>
>> Anyone have a solution - PLEASE - otherwise Scribus is of no use - I cannot wait for each mouse click to work like this.
>>
>> MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.3. IMac retina 5K 27inch. 28GB DDR4.  Radeon Pro 575 4GB
>>
>> Scribus 1.54 rev 2284. - even got the beach ball to read that !!!!
>

> Hi Colin,
>
> Maybe try unchecking Image Visible once you finish placing the image and its frame where you want it.
>
> Greg

Hi Greg

OK, further testing (wasting time here . . .) has come up with a possible answer/reason why this is all happening

The file I am working on is an import of an InDesign IDML file.  So I created a page in a new document and sure enough margins are visible through content objects - amazing !

AND - what do you know - images are not visible when the preferences are set to that, getting them to show again is not that easy.  Changing preferences has no effect, quit, re-load has no effect, BUT, if you go to VIEW>IMAGE FRAMES>Show images - voila it works

Maybe then the answer is to create a new document and copy everything over from the IDML one - yet more wasted time

Have you heard before of issues with IDML files ??

kind regards
Colin