[scribus] Spinning Beach Ball of death

Colin Madwolf colin at madwolf.co.uk
Thu Nov 1 18:55:33 UTC 2018

Hi All

I am working on a magazine which requires drop shadows on all pictures.

I am on Page 9 of 56 and have been adding images and drop shadows.  Now I have to wait at least 2-3 seconds after each mouse click as the beach ball spins.

I have tried setting all the images to low resolution previews - to no effect.

I then thought, well, the drop shadows will be quite intensive on the display, so decided to remove them.  I clicked on one image and removed the drop shadow - onto the next and it will not let me do so.  The drop shadow tick box is greyed out.  Tried selecting other images and the same happens.  Close document, re-open had no effect either.  Copied an image and tried to remove drop shadow - same problem.

I closed the panes for drop shadow and image and re-opened them - to no effect.

Anyone have a solution - PLEASE - otherwise Scribus is of no use - I cannot wait for each mouse click to work like this.

MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.3. IMac retina 5K 27inch. 28GB DDR4.  Radeon Pro 575 4GB

Scribus 1.54 rev 2284. - even got the beach ball to read that !!!!

kind regards
Colin