[scribus] HKS colours

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu May 24 21:47:22 UTC 2018

> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. Mai 2018 um 10:25 Uhr
> Von: "Mike Wright" <mike at wrights.de>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: [scribus] HKS colours
>
> Great program. It's wonderful that there's an alternative to Adobe. Well
> done! Keep it up.
>
> One colour library that used in Germany a lot is the HKS library - in
> the wiki it states that:
>
> "*UPDATE*: As of version 1.4.0, HKS K is being shipped with Scribus as a
> subset of the "J&S K" palette."
>
> (https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/How_to_legally_obtain_spot_colour_palettes_for_use_in_Scribus_1.3.3.x_and_later_versions)
>
> but it seems that the "J&K" palette is not there. I can't find any other
> info on this topic - was this palette dropped? Can it be put back in?
>
> Thanks,
>
> mike

Hi Mike,

If you are using 1.5.4 you can download and install the HKS palettes (not just the J+S version) and hundreds of other colour systems via the Resources manager (Windows -> Resources). Note that these are not the original HKS colour values. Instead, they result from a photometric measuring of their printed references and are in L*a*b*, not CMYK.

HTH,
Christoph