[scribus] Scribus 1.5.4 Undo Problem and general slowness

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue May 8 09:43:47 UTC 2018

hi craig

> > i guess you have "edit > item action mode" checked.
> >
> > if it's the case, scribus will only undo things related to the
> > selected item.
> >
> > it's checked here... and if it's not me who has checked it in the
> > past, it's probably a bug that it's on by default (i tend to have
> > the things i'm working on selected when i undo... i guess... so
> > it's possible that i haven't noticed).
> >
> > ... it's just a guess...
>
> IIRC that mode activates when you select an item. So that’s normal
> that it’s selected.

what? no...
then we would not need the option... since you cannot work with scribus
without selecting an item...

i really think that what people expect is the undo to work globally:
undoing the latest thing they did, irrespective of the current item
selected.
the "item mode" (if i understand it correctly. see below) should be a
deliberate choice of fthe user)

i've tried to play a bit with the item mode and it seems to be partially
broken.
but i do not have yet the latest code compiled and i cannot say if the
behavior is the same in the the current trunk.

just one question: what is the  "item action mode" exactly supposed to
do?
i cannot find it in the official documentation.

ciao
a.l.e