[scribus] Get articles content online

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu May 3 07:22:28 UTC 2018

hi daniel

> I quickly hacked together a scibus script that loads the contents of a
> url which is saved as text in a text box and then sets the text to the
> respective content.
>
> (it is just for text for now)
>
> https://github.com/dadosch/scribus_script_get_external_text

yes loading from a text file is rather trivial.

i remember having created an external translation workflow for a comic
book in the past.

getting the formatting imported (and even more syncing the format) is
less trivial or -- depending on what you want to achieve -- needs hard
work on the scribus code.

> This is also related to this thread
> http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/2018-March/054999.html and
> this bug https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1791

if he wants to get html text those messages and tickets are not really
relevant.

if he wants to get the text from markdown, this might be possible at
the beginning of the summer.
i started the first step to get my plugin finalized and i plan to work
on them almost full time for the next month.
if people want to participate with code or money they're welcome!

the first step is to clean up the plugin API and propose it to the team
for inclusion in the trunk:

https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-plugin-API

last week, i've presented the planned work in an email to this list

http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/2018-April/055051.html

and have now started rewriting the code according to what is described
in there and what i've discussed with jean.

there will be code presented as soon as the applyStyle plugin

https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-plugin-applyStyle

works with the new API.
(if somebody wants to see it earlier, i can find a way, of course!)

have fun
a.l.e