[scribus] Add icons to the toolbar

Giovanni Bianchessi bgio at libero.it
Sat Mar 31 12:34:46 UTC 2018

> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 09:45:11 -0400
> From: Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>
> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Subject: Re: [scribus] Add icons to the toolbar
>
> On 03/30/2018 06:03 AM, Giovanni Bianchessi wrote:
>> How to add new icons/functions to the toolbar (or to other bars)?
>> In example, I often need to adapt the frame to the picture, so I think it would be quicker do it by clicking on a toolbar icon.
>>

> Hi Giovanni,
>
> Users can't add items to the toolbar, which is already overcrowded.
> It isn't that much more work to right-click on the frame, then choose
> Image > Adjust Frame to Image.
>
> Greg

I don't agree at all!
My upper orizontal toolbar is far to be overcrowded, for more than an half it is empty. And I have enabled File, Edit, Tools and View tools.

Using the contextual menu is very slow and unconfortable: select, scroll down, move to right, scroll down and finally do the job.
Maybe the menu-job  would be more good if it would be possible to use it on many pictures simultaneously. But, i see, it isn't.

Giovanni Bianchessi