[scribus] designing instructional posters on code/programming -- lots of syntax highlighting

Alec Hill bulk at ahill.io
Fri Jun 1 15:54:29 UTC 2018

Hello a.l.e -- thanks for the response!  (and for all your contributions to
Scribus too of course!)

I'm unfamiliar with some of the technical parts of your proposition --
primarily Scribus's html importer and its scripter -- and so that prompted
me to dig back in and see what sense I could make of the place where I left
off.

It turns out, I wasn't far from having a working solution and I now have a
workflow that might be sufficient!

Mainly I just had to mess around with latex to solve some formatting
problems in the pdf's generated by pdflatex.

I'm embedding these pdfs in scribus.  Is there any downside to that?

And I made a shell script to run on a directory of code that will
regenerate all the pdfs.  Scribus pulls in these updated versions
automatically.

I'm very pleased to have something working like this, and as long as
embedding pdfs in Scribus isn't a bad practice to avoid (is this ok?) then
I think I'll be all set with this.

Thanks,
Alec