[scribus] Does scribus use only 1 of 4 cores?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Jul 24 20:27:45 UTC 2018

On 07/24/2018 03:29 PM, Albrecht Will wrote:
> For a lager scribus-file with a lot of ingredients I have a long waiting
> period. One reason could be, that scribus uses only one core.
> Is there any chance to improve it?

Hi Albrecht,

What I see when I check this with KSysGuard is that in my dual-core
machine both cores are used but sequentially (and mostly only one at a
time), and this seems to be the way that my computer works with all
sorts of tasks. Even my Windows VM does this, so it may not be Scribus
that is the source of how the cores are used.

Greg