[scribus] ungroup

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Jan 17 14:32:07 UTC 2018

On 01/17/2018 07:43 AM, mick crane wrote:
> hello,
> I noticed that with 2 image frames and one text frame overlaid which I
> group and then later ungroup the 2 images frames are ungrouped but the
> text frame is still grouped with one of the image frames, there is no
> opportunity to ungroup them further. If I click on one I can drag both
> off the page where clicking elsewhere and then on one of the frames
> recognizes they are indeed ungrouped.
> Is there something to do to ungroup everything without having to move
> their position ?
>
> 1.5.3 win 64bit.

Hi Mick,

I'm not sure I'm seeing this same situation. I did notice that it may
depend on how you created your group. If you select a couple of objects,
group them, then add another object to the selection and group that,
when you ungroup, it will be in stages. In other words, your first
ungrouping only ungroups the last object(s) you added, so you need to
ungroup again to get down to the individual objects.

One thing about ungrouping is that it can help and maybe even be
necessary to click outside of your ungrouped frames, then click inside
again to be able to see what is still grouped or not. This is
particularly helpful if you import a PDF as vector, in which case you
almost always have a number of groups of groups.

Greg