[scribus] My thought so far, on Scribus as a serious contender

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Tue Feb 27 22:44:23 UTC 2018

Le 27/02/2018 à 10:37, Colin a écrit :

> 1.  In the save as dialogue box, you need way too many clicks as you drill down to find the directory you wish to save in.  In the Mac finder, as you click on a directory it opens to reveal the tree below, in Scribus you need to double-click - why?

You can bookmark commonly used folders :
Once you have reached the directory you wish to save in,
go up one level and drag'n'drop the folder to the left part of the file dialog :
it bookmarks it so it can be reached in one click for future uses.

> 2. Selecting text is a little bit quirky when you are dragging to select - and how do you select ALL text in linked frames - if you drag, it only selects in that frame, if you shift click beginning and end of text nothing happens ??   ‘Select All’, only selects text in the frame you are in - not all text in linked frames, which is no good at all.

Using normal wisiwisig mode you can't select over 2 frames or over 2 pages. That's a severe hindrance sometime.

But you can select all text of a linked text frame set using the story editor.

JL