[scribus] Drop Shadows

Colin colin at madwolf.co.uk
Sat Feb 24 07:26:25 UTC 2018

There is also in the online manual specific instructions and some demo
images of the results. Open the manual (F1), and look under Scribus
Basics > Drop Shadows.
Thanks Greg

Apologies, I am using 1.4.6 - which I thought from the website was the latest version - I will head over and see if I can get the latest one.  I am on an iMac with OS High Sierra.  I first used OvationPro on the Acorn Platform, then Quark and then InDesign.  Now Adobe is making it so hard to use software that we have paid huge bucks for, it is time for a change.

I could create a drop shadow on text, but it was not a shadow, more another copy of the text offset below with hard edges.  I am after soft shadows :-)

The other thing that doesn’t seem to work is the F1 and F2 keys - they adjust the brightness of my screen - not interactive with Scribus?

I also have had the error Signal#6 - just by trying to select a gradient

Cheers
Colin

                                    MadWolf  Design            ~#*#"¬
                            C  o  r  p  o  r  a  t  e       I  m  a  g  i  n  g
Graphic Design :: Photography :: Large Format Digital Printing :: Publishing
                   Image scanning & Manipulation :: Web Services
_               www.madwolf.co.uk <applewebdata://4926A9C6-35A6-474C-9163-B43DD91340EC/www.madwolf.co.uk>                   colin at madwolf.co.uk <mailto:colin at madwolf.co.uk>