[scribus] Fwd: Page size changes when exported to PDF

Håkan Löfgren hakan.lofgren46 at outlook.com
Tue Feb 13 23:04:06 UTC 2018

Hello!

Using Scribus 1.5.2 under Windows 10.
My document is size A5, 148x210 mm. When I export to PDF it suddenly becomes 168x230 mm. Very odd, because last year the same document in 2017 version behaved correctly (in the same Scribus version). I can not find any variable for changing the page size when exporting to PDF.

Recently a user had trouble with the page numbering. So have I. I have a large text field at the bottom of the master page and the page numbers appear correctly on the screen but in the PDF they are just small empty squares. The same here - I cannot find any ON-OFF for printing page numbers. I had the same trouble with the same document in the same Scribus version a year ago and it was solved, but I don't remember how.

Regards
Håkan Löfgren

I found the bug:
When exporting to PDF there is a setting under the tab Pre-Press. Under Bleed Settings there is Use Document Bleeds. This is not marked. But the preset values are 10 mm on every side. I changed them to zero, STILL NOT IN USE. Then I got the correct document size in the PDF file. I suppose this bug is corrected in later versions. Document Bleeds is always in use, whether marked or not.

Another queer thing in PDF export. At the first pre check it says that the six first images on page 1 are transparent. Not that I know. But the 7'th image is transparent - I made it transparent myself. But it is not commented as transparent in the pre check. What does this transparency comment really mean?