[scribus] Page size changes when exported to PDF

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Feb 13 15:20:01 UTC 2018

On 02/13/2018 10:05 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 02/13/2018 05:08 AM, Håkan Löfgren wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Using Scribus 1.5.2 under Windows 10.
>> My document is size A5, 148x210 mm. When I export to PDF it suddenly becomes 168x230 mm. Very odd, because last year the same document in 2017 version behaved correctly (in the same Scribus version). I can not find any variable for changing the page size when exporting to PDF.
>>
>> Recently a user had trouble with the page numbering. So have I. I have a large text field at the bottom of the master page and the page numbers appear correctly on the screen but in the PDF they are just small empty squares. The same here - I cannot find any ON-OFF for printing page numbers. I had the same trouble with the same document in the same Scribus version a year ago and it was solved, but I don't remember how.
>>

> Hi Håkan,
>
> It's interesting that the size discrepancy is exactly 20mm each way. Is
> there some bleed setting? At any rate, carefully look through all your
> PDF settings.

I just tried to duplicate this in 2 ways, first by creating a Custom
document 148x210 mm, and the other an A5 page.
On import to Adobe Reader, Properties says they're both 148x210 mm.

This is with 1.5.4svn on Linux. You might at least update your Scribus
to 1.5.3, if not a 1.5.4svn snapshot.

You can get snapshots at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-svn/1.5.4.svn/

Greg