[scribus] First Line Offset

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Wed Feb 7 09:00:15 UTC 2018

> I think you're assigning too much weight to someone stating '© Gregory
> Pittman', since these days there are so many kinds of copyright, from
> 'all rights reserved' to full liberality. One of the reasons people
> sometimes label something as copyrighted is so that someone else can't
> claim rights on it.

No, there really is only one kind of copyright, and in almost all countries
it applies no matter if you state it or not (becuase of the Berne
Convention).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Convention

The copyright holder can of course allow the work to be shared freely, but
the copyright holder can make that decision only because of the copyright.

If you don't hold the copyright, you have no right do decide what may be
done or not with the work.

/Peter