[scribus] Page numbers blanking out

Mark Cornwell mark at morethanaphotograph.com
Mon Feb 5 14:51:13 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm new to Scribus. I've been designing a layout for a photo book with text.

I've put in lots of pages and images/text etc. Then I went to create a TOC.

I also spotted the Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P to add a page number to a page and to
add a text box with that in it on the master.

I also found out how to set up page numbering to start after the TOC via
Document Setup>Sections.

So far so good.

My document now has three pages with no page numbering (intro/TOC) and then
starts with page number 1 on page layout 4.

That's all working.

What I can't work out is that when I get to page 10 the page numbers just go
blank again.

My sections have:

Name 0, Shown tick, From 1, To 3, Style None, Start 1.

Name 1, Shown tick, From 4, To 57, Style 1,2,3., Start 1.

I've not "stopped" the section at page 10.

I have tried applying the master again to all pages. That didn't make any
difference. All I see on pages 10 and beyond in Scribus is a rectangle with
a small box with a cross in it to the bottom right. If I create a PDF via
Export then it leaves the page numbers empty on pages 10 and beyond.

Just in case it is relevant - pages 34 and onwards are currently blank.

Any bright ideas, please?

Thanks,

  Mark