[scribus] chain frames, "do not" link them

Andrew K akroiter at tpg.com.au
Mon Dec 17 19:54:42 UTC 2018

I’m not a frequent contributor to the list; however, I read most of what’s written (except stuff about compiling). I will therefore understand if my comments aren’t given much weight.

However, my understanding in DTP has always been that we link text frames to get text to flow from one frame to the next. I have never heard the term chain used in this context. And piping, in computing terms, is something completely different again.

If I encountered the word chain, either in documentation or in a menu, etc, I would be confused. It would cause further delays to my work whilst I went to search what was being talked about.

That’s my 2.2 cents (in Australia, we have a 10% Goods and Services Tax on everything).

Andrew