[scribus] Not Able To select An Object

LYNDHURST-M allokusa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 06:40:39 UTC 2018

Hello Scribus Users,

I am no longer able to select an object. Probably a very easy fix but
everything is easy when you know how to do it.

This is a very annoying problem and I don’t know exactly when it first
happened as I don’t use Scribus very often.

Have been using Scribus for approximately 4 or 5 years. When my PC crashed
in December 2017 I was using 1.4.4 on Windows 7, 64 bit platform.
Everything was working well before the crash.

New PC, Windows 10, 64 bit went into service on December 24, 2017 and very
soon thereafter downloaded and installed Scribus 1.4.5

In January 2018 I used Scribus to modify an existing file. This required
selecting a text frame and changing a date from 2017 to 2018. No problems
encountered at that time.

Have not used Scribus since then. Opened scribus yesterday and created a
new document. Placed a text frame on the page but not able to select it.
Instead of frame being selected, the object size window pops up.

Downloaded and installed Scribus 1.4.7 today but the problem still exists.

Thanks in advance for your help with this problem and thanks also to all
you developers for this great DTP application.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>