[scribus] Cannot run the Fedora 29 version or the AppImage

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Dec 8 22:46:02 UTC 2018

On 12/8/18 5:18 PM, Doug Hutcheson wrote:
> Hi Craig.
>
> Thanks for the info. When I followed the original instructions and
> compiled to source, I found the resulting application was 1.4.6, not
> 1.5.5. Did I do something wrong, or is my computer haunted?

You may have 1.4.6 on your system from Fedora. If you just type 'scribus' in a console, you will get that version. It's a good thing to set a -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_PATH: when you run cmake so you can specify where your build is installed.

If your 1.4.6 doesn't have any manual content, it's the Fedora version. Fedora seems to be afraid of the copyright on the manual.

Greg