[scribus] Cannot run the Fedora 29 version or the AppImage

Doug Hutcheson owlbrudder at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 10:10:32 UTC 2018

With all the help from the list, I finally have Scribus 1.5.5_svn up
and running.

* I had an ancient version of podofo which I had compiled at some time
in the past. Removing that started to make a difference;
* Greg gave me a dnf command he uses to ensure he hs everything
neccessary installed, so I ran that and it found a few I had missed;
* I had an elderly, compiled version of 1.4.6 sitting in /usr/local, so
I deleted that;
* I found the commands on this page lacked a tiny bit of vital
information. The line:
svn co svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus
should read:
svn co svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus scribus155
* And, to cap it all off, I had and old and a new version of GLIBC,
which was confusing things.

With all these matters corrected, the cmake, make and make install went
without a hitch. All I had to do was create a menu entry and assign the
correct Scribus logo to it and now I can run Scribus the way I expect
to run it.

Many thanks everyone for all your help. I love the Internet.