[scribus] Cannot run the Fedora 29 version or the AppImage

Doug Hutcheson owlbrudder at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 19:49:26 UTC 2018

It doesn?t look like a Scribus related build issue. Podofo and
fontconfig? Is fontconfig properly installed?

Craig

Thanks for the idea Craig. I tried 'dnf install fontconfig', but it
does seem to be installed OK.

Package fontconfig-2.13.1-3.fc29.x86_64 is already installed.
Package fontconfig-2.13.1-3.fc29.i686 is already installed.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!
[doug at womble build]$

I tried 'dnf reinstall fontconfig' then 'make', but make failed at the
link stage again.

I will keep bashing away, but would appreciate any further clues the
list could come up with.

Kind regards, Doug.