[scribus] Master pages not working as expected

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Thu Aug 23 10:09:59 UTC 2018

On 21.08.2018 18:17, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> I feel like I'm missing something really subtle. I can't believe I can't
> interact with those placeholders on a master. Nor can I believe this is
> proving so difficult.

A master page in Scribus is not a master layout. Except for page numbers
and very limited bits, a master page in Scribus is a fixed content which
you want to show alongside your dynamic content from your "normal" pages.

In my mind, a Scribus master page works like pre-printed
letter-head-paper waiting in my laser printer to have my dynamic content
printed unto it.

If you want master layouts, you can create those in separate Scribus
documents. And then import them (even page-wise) as needed.

Also if you want to be efficient, styles are very important to work with
Scribus.

hth

Martin

--