[scribus] Copy and Paste images from exported PDF files

Matt Kandoll voidmaterial at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 10:22:44 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am trying to insert a large image on a pdf that can be copy and pasted
into a different program such as paint.  So far I have gotten the image
inserted into an image frame, scaled the frame down to fit onto a page,
exported to PDF and been able to see the image in both Adobe Reader DC and
Microsoft Edge pdf viewer.  Adobe Reader DC supports selecting the image
and copying it, and then when I try to paste into another program like
Paint or Gimp all I see is a giant black box.  The dimensions of the black
box match the dimensions of the original source image.

The image is 2800 x 2100.  The image frame I'm putting on an 8.5 x 11 page
fits roughly the top half of the page.

Is this possible with Scribus?  Am I missing a step somewhere?

Scribus 1.4.7 64 bit on Windows 10 Home.

Thank you
Matt