[scribus] Scribus 1.5.4 Released
christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sat Apr 28 14:57:10 UTC 2018
The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of the stable development version 1.5.4, which is in many ways a new milestone on our way to the next officially stable release 1.6.0.
Most important changes
- Color precision for fill colors has been expanded to 64 bit floating point.
- Scribus can now handle color palettes in the new ISO standard CxF3 (See: https://www.xrite.com/de/page/cxf-color-exchange-format). CxF3 files cannot only store palettes in different color models (e.g., RGB, CMYK, LAB) and output intents, but also allow for storing spectral colors, which enables even greater colour precision. Scribus is the first DTP software that supports this demanding standard.
- Existing import filters have been upgraded to support the LAB color model (where applicable).
- The Barcode plug-in has been updated and offers new features.
- Many bugs regarding fringe uses have been fixed in the PDF library, both for print PDFs and PDF forms.
- Several new commands have been added to the scripting engine, so as to make the document creation via scripts easier and more versatile.
- Thanks to the work of the Document Liberation Project and particularly David Tardon, experimental import filters for ZonerDraw vector drawings (versions 4 and 5) and QuarkXPress documents (versions 3 and 4) have been added.
- Many potential stability and security issues revealed by Coverity scans have been fixed.
The complete changelog is available here: https://bugs.scribus.net/changelog_page.php?version_id=99
Primary Download Locations
- Installation packages for Windows, Mac OS X and the source code are available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-devel/1.5.4/
- OpenSUSE, SLED, and SLES RPMs: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs
-Packaging for other Linux distributions, *BSD, Solaris and OpenIndiana is beyond our influence. We recommend updating the respective repository data on a regular basis.
- Windows Portable App: http://portableapps.com/apps/office/scribus_portable#test
Description File Name Sha256sum Sha1sum
Source scribus-1.5.4.tar.xz 6480925250b2bb07028e2f378c02b67fe3e33206743671e03c07c701cd05da03 40a8819df4572a3fb752ecda38520a792f69c54f
Source scribus-126.96.36.199z c756037464cfc1f760ddad0cce5cc323d4091e65cd119dd1d69ad16be32b7d6 414ee31a57c9789d890384f71f28f5641c2c1f79
OS X 10.10 or higher, Intel x64 scribus-1.5.4.dmg 6f31b0b9bf27c952d820188343e2be73ab990be772e34551b030d9c04fa4f5b8 2c9d71dc7b2e589ad27b7817c755d64f441a72e4
Windows 32/64 Bit scribus-1.5.4-windows.exe c8710ee2591f0e00b9c6506671c401ce2c54541ded55c043f74b2e622c07f2dd 80dc3701b35ae8ec99a1870c7d4228a72cb02755
Windows 64 Bit scribus-1.5.4-windows-x64.exe 2d11a7c04f2b58436541269e21227ce8676b62e908cc2b14987a865ca6d65170 64fd2cd02e0f6b99e208252cddd21d228bc479fb
Linux 64 bit AppImage scribus-1.5.4-linux-x86_64.AppImage 9c8bb1c491b5219093d98663e4810df1e8b317e23f349eebb5c1c2213a210f79 2bfd9a9486f0a8a8ec2c88bcc91029c6c1a265a5
The Scribus Team would like to thank Anduin.net and Modirum for their continued hosting of all of the Scribus websites.
We are grateful to the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie for sponsoring.
The Scribus Team is also honored to have Resene Colours (New Zealand), dtp studio Oldenburg (Germany), Scientific Illustration Services Corp. (USA), the Newspaper Association of America (USA), Software Consulting Services (USA), freieFarbe e.V. (Germany), bauwerk Kommunikationsdesign (Germany) as Special Supporters and donors of color palettes and other content since the 1.4.x release, just like we are grateful to the owner of Vector Portal for the permission to distribute some of his work as Scribus Templates.
Porting Scribus to OS/2 and eComStation is being supported by Serenity Systems (USA).
Finally, the Scribus Team would like to thank the many end users, translators, testers and contributors who helped us with this release.
More information about the scribus