[scribus] Render Frame Variables

Br. Samuel Springuel rpspringuel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 21:20:13 UTC 2018

Perfect.  Thanks.

However, it doesn't seem to be working the way I would expect.  I'm
updating a render frame tool (attached) to simplify it's process.  Part
of the process is to write an auxiliary file and I'm trying to make each
instance of the render frame using this tool write its own file set by
using $scribus_file$ as part of the name of the auxilary file.  However,
when I attempt this I get a permission error indicating that the
auxiliary file cannot be written.  When I don't use the variable, the
file is written just fine, but of course it's the same file for all
instances of the tool use (not so important because the file is
overwritten each time the frame is updated) and said file persists after
Scribus is closed (more important as this will lead to lots of left
overs building up if Scribus is being actively used and the machine is
not rebooted frequently).  Does anyone have any ideas why
`$scribus_file$-score.gabc` is not writable while
`scribus_file-score.gabc` is?

macOS 10.13.4
Scribus 1.4.6, modified as described here:
https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15259#c45161

--
Br. Samuel, OSB

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ