[scribus] Add icons to the toolbar

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Apr 3 11:35:02 UTC 2018

On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 19:57:24 +0000
Jaak Hillen <zjaak at live.be> wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> what I am longing for is a fast formatting toolbar. Shortcuts are
> great, if you remember them.
> ... eventually costumizable.

that last words...
it sounds to my ears: i don't have a good plan, so let's make it
customizable.

but i agree a wild spread of shortcuts is not the best way to improve
the speed in scribus.
(see the proposal below that could make void the request for style
shortcuts)

i've been playing with "fast formatting toolbars", and i'd love it, if
somebody could come up with:

- improvements to the "apply style" popup
  https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-plugin-applyStyle
  (it's experimental: you have to compile scribus with it to get it)
  (i've been using for about a year and it has vastly improved my way
  of working with scribus : - )
- a proposal for a "popup formatting palette"
  (personally, i like what i see from krita... but i have a hard time
  to apply it to layouting)
  hints from my side:
  - the most basic feature should work with the keyboard only
  - it should be as small and compact as possible
  - the most important parts are the ones that cannot be defined
    through styles (kerning!)
- a proposal for an "insert char" popup (i have a few notes for it
  already)

ciao
a.l.e