[scribus] Accessing files across a network

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Fri Oct 13 10:46:35 UTC 2017

I agree with Ken, and in my own words Qt makes crappy windows on Scribus
for Windows. I have proposed several specific improvements over the
years, like remembering window sizes and positions.

We need to be nice about it though, because Scribus itself is so useful.
(Like loving your wife, although she has bad hair. (not mine, just an
example))

When quickly looking at the Qt website, they seem to think that their
stuff is all the success story, but they keep a rather low profile on
actual screen shots...

When I search for the file dialogue, I get this very long page of deep
technical stuff. And I have compassion for our developers. If you have
to wade through all that, just to get a simple file dialogue, like shown
at the very bottom of the page (http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qfiledialog.html)
I cannot imagine how much work it is, to keep the entire Scribus ready
and humming for multiple platforms.

Courage you guys, we always shout for more and better, but in the end,
all we want is to makes nices documents, however bad the pain.

(I am reading a novel about Gutenberg at the moment, making type and
literally type-setting in lead... We are suffering at a higher level
today for sure.)

Glad, that you can at least access your computer A via the network, Ken.

greetings,

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin