[scribus] appimage

Bert Driehuis bertd.fpevohf.arg at taw.playbeing.com
Fri May 12 07:13:27 UTC 2017

Dear Török,

It is not recommendable to run applications as root. If you do, you
may cause problems for later, because it may create files or
directories that require superuser rights to access.

If you suspect your home directory may contain files that are owned by
root, you can find them using this:

  find $HOME -user root -ls

To change the ownership back to you, you can use this:

  find $HOME -user root -print0 | xargs -r0 sudo chown $USER

You can try "echo $USER" before running chown, to inspect that the
USER variable shows your login name, just to make sure.

With kind regards,

Bert