[scribus] Noob question: Made business-card.sla. How to print?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri May 5 16:08:12 UTC 2017

On 05/05/2017 10:53 AM, Kevin Cole wrote:
> Hi ZASKE,
>
> Thanks for getting back to me.  Just the sort of answer I need...  I
> think. And you're correct: I'm in the US. Brain-Washington, DC to be
> precise. Now it's time to find a print shop. (I was planning to go
> with the ubiquitous Kinko's / FedEx or Office Depot, initially, but if
> I'm reading between the lines correctly, they may be the McDonald's
> and Burger King's of printing: Fast, relatively cheap and with no
> nutritional value.)

Nothing wrong with cheap, but the question is whether they will be
flexible and helpful. There is no reason why Scribus should not have
adequate output for your printer's needs, it's just a question of which
PDF version they would like.

When I look at Office Depot's site, I can't find any link to file upload
information -- it looks like they want you to use their templates for
the design.
On FedEx/Kinko's they do supply information about files. PDF version 6
is "recommended", so it would be a matter of getting more details on
that. They do give some specifics on document sizes and bleed sizes.

Greg