[scribus] Markup support for the Story Editor

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu May 4 05:39:33 UTC 2017

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 02. Mai 2017 um 21:40 Uhr
> Von: "wagner jussiani" <wantjuss at yahoo.com.br>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: [scribus] Markup support for the Story Editor
>
> Hey, All:
>
> What about markup support for  Scribus? This thought ocurred me when I recently saw multimarkdown. If I could define some elements of text formatation (fonts, paragraphs, pages, columns, tables, and others) in a appropriate field in the Story Editor (or anywhere else, like menu edit styles), linking them to markup symbols, then I could write a text in another word processor with markup and Scribus could apply the text formatation associated with each markup symbol  in a automatic way.
>
> What do you think about?
>
> Wagner

Hi Wagner,

We already have something like this. It's called the Text Filter. You can trigger it via the text import dialogue, where you have to select "Text Filter" in the "Importer" drop-down list.

Unfortunately, this code is more than a decade old and hasn't been updated ever since, which is why it only covers paragraph styles. If you want to get your hands dirty, feel free to do so.

What needs to be done is the follwing:

- Enable the use of character styles;

- Enable the replacement of characters, e.g., "--" with a real n or m dash;

- Create some sort of import filter for tables, if you want to support tables; csv should be sufficient for the time being;

The rest is fine-tuning, and you probably won't want it for pages ;)

Christoph