[scribus] Exporting a graphic frame

Ken Springer snowshed1 at q.com
Tue Mar 28 14:35:45 UTC 2017

On 3/28/17 7:59 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 03/28/2017 09:44 AM, Ken Springer wrote:

>>> One of the things about Ken's question is that he never said what he
>>> wanted this clipped out/exported graphic for. An issue with your
>>> solution is that you are transforming RGB to an inkjet printer output,
>>> then scanning, with all the color shift and resolution loss inherent in
>>> that process. For some uses, perhaps Ok, but for many others, not very
>>> good.
>>>
>>> Greg
>>
>> A question, Greg,
>>
>> Do you think exporting a frame could be something that could be added to
>> a future release?
>>

> The biggest question about that is how many users want/need that
> capability?

Kind of a chicken or the egg situation.  :-)

The kind of question you'll probably never answer until the feature's
available.  Some people will never even think there might be a better
solution.

> As you can see from the responses to your question, there
> are many ways of accomplishing what you wanted in some way. We've got a
> lot more urgent issues to solve. It might be better to figure out a way
> of transferring the frame contents to either Inkscape or Gimp, whichever
> is more appropriate.

Just put it on the todo list.  <G>

In my scenario, the solutions are complex to solve a simple problem.
The user has to install and learn complex software just to recreate the
frame the user just created.  In the design process, ease of use should
also be part of the equation, IMO.

All of the solutions given I did on my Atari computers, and they've been
gone a long, long time.  :-(  I still have one of those.  :-)

As I said in another message, your suggested solution is by far the best
of the answers.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6